No, really, this IS my life....

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Alcohol + Stupidity = One Pissed Off Me

Had another double header tonight, and it was great. Won the first game, lost the second but had a blast. Then we got home and my husbands cousin decided to be stupid. He's 18. I can't control when he drinks (I've tried) but I can control where he goes after he drinks. He decided that he wasn't too drunk to drive to the store, or at least that's what I picked up on with all the slurring. He was toasted. So hubby and I and our neighbor said, nope, not happening. In fact, while he was busy yelling at hubby, I went around behind him to get the keys he was hiding behind his back. Yeah, and he wonders why we were "treating him like a kid". He will NOT be allowed at my house again if he decides he needs to drink. And if I ever happen to KNOW that he has been drinking, and he drives, I'll call the cops. I won't allow him to cause an accident and possibly kill an innocent bystander. I also would really rather not have to visit him in the hospital or the funeral home. But this is part of being a grown up, dude. Realizing that enough is enough, and handling it like an adult. Grrr....This is why I rarely drink. I don't have the patience for the stupidity that goes with it.

8 Comments:

  • Michelle sent me!

    I do not blame you in the least! I drink once a year.. refuse to put myself or others in danger by acting stupid..

    By Blogger ~Ivy, At 1:15 AM  

  • I hear you.
    I had to call the cops on my brother-in-law once for leaving our house drunk.

    I think it's often more fun to be sober anyway. You get to watch the others act like fools.

    By Blogger BlondeBrony, At 11:05 AM  

  • I enjoy being the sober one...Often I'm the only one who can remember what went on, and I get all kinds of laughs!

    By Blogger Azgreeneyes, At 1:24 PM  

  • Good for you! I wish more people would do that. Here's hoping that he starts taking some responsibility soon! Great job!

    Michele says hi!

    By Blogger Moogie, At 1:33 PM  

  • Michele sent me too, Karen. Hi!

    I'm lucky enough to have never been around anyone that is an alcoholic and was still drinking. I've known a few that didn't drink by the time I met them. I hope the situation with your B-in-L gets better, Karen, 'cause drunks are really bad news. As you seem to know from the tenor of your post. He's just 18 but that's only a so-so excuse.

    By Blogger utenzi, At 10:34 AM  

  • Good for you!

    Here from Michele's.

    By Blogger barbie2be, At 4:29 PM  

  • I once was hit in the temple by a fist from my (at the time) best friend after trying to take her keys away. I had to call the cops, sadly, because she had a second set in her purse.

    Needless to say, I still went down to the police station to bail her out, although our friendship collapsed after that night. It's sad that some people can't stop and realize just how drunk they are.

    By Blogger NetChick, At 9:07 PM  

  • He has no idea how lucky he is to have you.

    To have a drinking problem at that age is a frightening thing. I hope this is just a phase that he's going through...if this is normal behavior, I fear for his future.

    By Blogger carmilevy, At 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home