No, really, this IS my life....

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Get this...

I received an email today. Let it be known up front that it was from my sister in law. (remember this when I tell you what my reply was!) In my opinion, it was an incredibly ignorant email, not worth much at all. It started out with several FW:FW:FW: crap-things, and then went on about "how the US Postal Service is a total disgrace for issuing an Islamic/Arabic looking stamp." It then goes on about "Remember such and such attack, and such and such attack, all done by MUSLIMS" and that "we should boycott the stamp, and how could they print a Christmas stamp for Muslims when they don't even believe in Christ?"
Should you like a REAL description of these two stamps, read up on it at
My">http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/eidstamp.asp
My response? 'Many things have been done in the name of religion; Not all Muslims responsible for any of these atrocities. They were all acts carried out by fanatics, and in no way am I ignorant enough to presume otherwise. I refuse to lower myself to the levels of said fanatics by discriminating against an entire people for the actions of a few. I also refuse to allow my children to grow up hearing this kind of hatred spewed from the mouths of their parents. I fully believe that they should make their decision of a person based on WHO that person is, not WHAT that person is.' And so on and so on. Basically, I called her ignorant and a nutcase. (I can't seem to find my actual email response, and since I was irritated when I typed it up, I don't know exactly what I wrote in it. But you get the picture)

Think we'll be invited out there any time soon?!? Me either! =)

9 Comments:

  • Michele sent me over, Karen, to see your lovely green eyes. :-)

    I do that all the time to my mother. She'll forward weird paranoid type Emails to me and I'll send her the Snopes rebuttal. Since she's my mom I try to not get too personal though, Karen. LOL You might have to wait a bit before visiting your brother.

    By Blogger utenzi, At 9:47 AM  

  • I send the Snopes rebuttals all the time, and I have even asked her not to send me emails like that, but to no avail. Apparently plain language was required! And this is my husbands sister, not mine, so I just took on all of my in laws, basically! Oh well.

    By Blogger Azgreeneyes, At 3:28 PM  

  • Way to stand up for what you believe Karen..
    Here via Michele's..

    By Blogger jsdaughter, At 5:03 PM  

  • Hi from Michele`s!

    I just read about his on another blog and I am really shocked that people feel that way. Good on you for taking on the in-laws..

    By Blogger Midori, At 6:11 PM  

  • FINALLY! GOOD FOR YOU! Great to see someone stand up to all that Bovine Waste Product. It is exactly that kind of ignorant hatred that breeds the vicious circles of wars and crime against humanity.
    Glad Michele sent me today lol.

    By Blogger Moon, At 6:24 PM  

  • Well, whatdya know! She sent me an email this evening, apologizing for the email, and saying "I never thought of it that way!!!"

    Whodathunkit???

    By Blogger Azgreeneyes, At 9:18 PM  

  • Good for you and good for her for having the character to apologise.

    By Blogger Paste, At 8:38 AM  

  • Great response.

    did I mention Michele says hi?

    By Blogger BlondeBrony, At 11:06 AM  

  • I have to say I agree with your perspective. And I too always check Snopes. Great site.

    Good for you for posting something that takes a stand toward tolerance and being aware. Too many sheltered Americans.

    By Blogger Shephard, At 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home