No, really, this IS my life....

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I'm taking you into my confidence...

I'm trying to lose weight. I hate telling all the people around me, because they tend to either be too helpful, or fairly dismissive about it. I don't need to have an unnamed family member laugh at my workout choices, nor do I need a family member to again mention what a good thing me losing weight is, because they could pinch the fat around my waist. Yes, you have to love my family. So I have decided that, while my husband is in school all week, and my Fridays are now consumed with softball (my first game is Friday night, and it's a double header!) I should be able to focus on myself without interruption, assistance or criticism. I do have to say that while I am not horribly overweight, I'm also not horribly happy. I used to be athletic and active, and now, my muscle tone is deteriorating and I lay around the house waayy too often. I almost feel like I could be having a midlife crisis, at least involving my body image. Call me vain, but I used to be able to walk down the street, or through the malls and get compliments or whistles, or at least turn a head or two. Now, not so much. I've likened myself at times to a Stay At Home Blob. Blah. So, we'll see what the next month holds for me. Hopefully a little bit of weight loss and some toning!

3 Comments:

  • I admire your courage in taking this important step. I also admire your courage in handling the thoughtless boobs who feel qualified to comment on the life choices of others.

    My wife has lost well over 30 pounds in recent months. She decided it was time, and has completely changed her focus since she took that first step. She's my hero. You're a hero, too.

    By Blogger carmilevy, At 5:47 PM  

  • Thank you Carmi. This isn't easy to do, but I have to do it. My kids need me, and I need to be healthy to be WHAT they need.

    By Blogger Azgreeneyes, At 8:41 PM  

  • I just found your blog today through Michele`s but I am also about to start a weight-loss mission. I have been feeling icky about myself for a while now and decided that I would like to be around to see my son grow up so it is time to make some lifestyle changes!! Good luck with your plans, let`s be diet buddies! LOL!

    www.midorianddaisuke.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Midori, At 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home