No, really, this IS my life....

Thursday, March 15, 2007

I think I have become my mother!

Really. It must be genetic (duh!). I spent today spring cleaning. And not just spring cleaning, but even a few hours today planning and purchasing items for spring cleaning! So far today, after hitting up Ikea and Target (plus a stop at Dairy Queen for the spring breakers) I have managed to totally organize/clean both pantries, I organized the cabinet under the kitchen sink (chemicals, vases and trash bags now, misc before) and I have practically re-boxed everything from our closet. All that stuff went from miscellaneous brown and shoe boxes to these pretty red, white and gray striped boxes from Ikea. Man, I love that store! I still have a ton of organizing to do in there, and I ran out of boxes, so another trip to Ikea, but I think I've made a very bizarre start! I guess for me what is so odd about the whole spring cleaning is that I usually begin in the fall, and finish around winter. Why the off schedule? Like I said, must be genetic! I'll have to post some pictures if I ever finish!

9 Comments:

  • Michele sent me over, Karen.

    I definitely don't have that genetic heritage, Karen. My Spring is as cluttered and messy as the other 3 seasons. I do love Ikea stores--but unfortunately there's none close to me. They just started opening up in GA about the time I moved to NC. Damn.

    By Blogger utenzi, At 10:51 PM  

  • I need to clean. I'm jealous.

    By Blogger Carli N. Wendell, At 9:09 AM  

  • *hmph*...you live close enough to an Ikea that you can just, like, go shop, like, whenever? I'm so jealous! The nearest one is in Atlanta...three hours away...I LOVE it!

    By Blogger Jennifer, At 10:57 AM  

  • Ohhh, yeah! our Ikea is maybe 15 minutes, and a clear, new freeway (that no one but me ever seems to use) the whole way between! However, it's getting expensive!

    By Blogger Azgreeneyes, At 1:37 PM  

  • I have to do that this weekend and next in time for Passover. Ugh. I hate spring cleaning. HATE IT. At least you have an ikea close by. We've got The Container Store in my town and I love that place. It's not as cheap as Ikea but it has tons of great containers and organizers for every single need.

    Michele sent me.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 4:56 PM  

  • They just opened a new Ikea in West Sacramento last year. I haven't been to that one, but I understand they're all pretty much the same - so I guess I'm not missing much.

    I'm with utenzi - there's nothing any cleaner about my spring than there is the rest of the year, which is to say, not much.

    Michele sent me,

    Mike

    By Blogger Michael K. Althouse, At 4:58 PM  

  • scary isn't it lol

    By Blogger Unknown, At 6:53 AM  

  • It's scary, isn't it, when you realize "Ahh! The old woman DID know what she was doing!"
    I became my mother 5 minutes after getting married. Slowly but surely, I'm morphing into her. I wonder who she is becoming?

    By Blogger Mrs. Falkenberg, At 1:37 PM  

  • I've been bit by the bug, too. But, I think after having done closet-duty once already and having a whole lot of nowhere to go with the remaining "good/keep" stuff, I'm going to turn my efforts in to organizing the "storage/staging" areas instead! -Sad? Probably...

    Hey, thanks, btw, for covering for me back at Michele's with the "distraction" bit. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home