No, really, this IS my life....

Thursday, March 29, 2007

What was I thinking?!

Sometimes my mind just, well, boggles itself. I've been doing all the healthy eating, exercising crapola (I usually sound happier about it, just not today!) and I have to say that its been going well. I'm down about 19 pounds, and wearing clothes that have not fit for quite awhile. I have almost hit my target weight, and seemed to have plateaued, so my oh-so-brilliant mind came up with something guaranteed to help launch me off the plateau.

Brain: Well, now, body, since we've gotten you up to 2.5 miles on the treadmill, running parts of it even, I think you are ready for a new challenge.

Body: Well, maybe, since the treadmill is starting to get kind of boring. What did you have in mind? Ha ha, Brain, get it? Mind?

Brain: Very...Funny, Body. I think that you should hop up on that bicycle of yours that is just sitting there in the garage and go for a ride tonight.

Body: But what about the kids? Lex can't keep up, and Ian isn't exactly the king of watching where he is going?

Brain: I've got it all figured out. Your brother will watch the kids for $5, and he'll even ride his bike over so you don't have to take him home.

Body: But where am I going to ride? Brain: Ride over to your aunts condo; your mom is there painting, and then you can have a nice break in the middle of your ride. Its perfect!

Bod: Great idea!

Famous last words. Apparently my brain forgot to tell my body that it was 2.5 miles to the condo, which meant 2.5 miles back to the house. Did I mention that the last time I really rode a bike, I was 15? That's 11 years ago, give or take a few months! I was so not prepared for it! I do have to say, though, that I made it, and surprisingly enough, today my legs don't hurt at all. My rear end, however, is another story.

Rear End: Brain, I effing hate you!

10 Comments:

  • LOL, LOL...Your poor butt! It sounds like you gave it quite a heavy duty work-out, too!


    Here from Michele's today and Congratulations on such a fantastic weight loss!

    By Blogger OldLady Of The Hills, At 4:14 PM  

  • Oh, I can soooo relate. I have a seriously high-tek mountain bike. Disc brakes, shocks, the whole nine yards. It has been a very long time since I had ridden seriously (I used to ride very seriously). I figured, or at least my brain did, that I could jump back on and it would be, well... just like riding a bike.

    The rest is like your story-

    Michele sent me,

    mike

    By Blogger Michael K. Althouse, At 11:21 PM  

  • I have 2 words for you...padded shorts! They saved my poor rearend a lot of pain when i started riding. Any sporting goods store should carry them. Keep it up, sounds like your doing well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:05 AM  

  • Yep, I know exactly what you mean! Those saddles can be like razor blades!

    Keep up the good work though. It sounds like you're doing well!

    Michele sent me over to say hi BTW.

    By Blogger Bobkat, At 10:52 AM  

  • Cute and Good For You! I wish I could figure out something that would make me want to exercise! Maybe there's a pill?

    By Blogger Unknown, At 11:16 AM  

  • The body and the mind rarely agree, but they are both good people.

    You know Michele?

    By Blogger JMH, At 8:29 PM  

  • It usually takes a few rides to get rid of the tender tushy at the beginning of bike season. Then it's all cake and gravy - though, thankfully, not at the same time.

    Pretty soon, you'll be logging more miles on that thing than in your car.

    By Blogger carmilevy, At 12:12 PM  

  • i recall the hurts all too well, when I rode 8 miles to work the first time- on a touring bike seat.
    I bought a better seat the next day.

    Have you tried the tablespoon of apple sider vinegar as a supplement?
    the acid burns away your insides, ( or something like that)

    By Blogger David Edward, At 7:35 AM  

  • 2.5 miles! I'm surprised you even got warmed up! :-)
    I'm nearly twice your age and my wife and I have done

    http://www.bhf.org.uk/events/index.asp?secID=12&secondlevel=1005&thirdlevel=1015&artID=6150

    many times. Get on that bike and get fit, your'l have a flat tummy and and a small rear (you may well have now for all I know) very soon. Good luck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:21 AM  

  • I did 5 miles on the bike and 2.5 miles running. Not too shabby for someone as out of shape as me! I'm one of those who really isn't overweight, just out of shape and in need of a little toning!

    By Blogger Azgreeneyes, At 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home