No, really, this IS my life....

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Is cliche the right word?

And, how do you make the little mark over the 'e'? Sometimes I am so computer illiterate, it's embarrassing. But, to my original point, corny, cliche, whatever you want to call it, our family sat down together last night and went over our goals for 2008.

*as an aside, when I say our family, I mean myself, my husband, our kids, my parents, my step dads ex-wife, 1 of my 2 sisters and 2 of my 3 brothers. Cozy, huh?

It was interesting, to say the least. I also think that it was productive. We were able to discuss with other people we trust just what our goals were, and how we thought we would be able to accomplish them, and ask for help with some. For instance, I want to improve my posture. Both my mother and my step dads ex-wife have offered to point out to me when I am slouching, which will help immensely, since slouching is an ingrained habit at this point that I don't recognize unless I am focusing directly on it. Both my husband and I have typed out our goals and framed them to sit on our desk. This way, I think that I won't be able to sit back in December and wonder just what I have accomplished that I had actually intended to accomplish. I'll even share them here, on my blog, although not all of them, some are very personal and I didn't even share them last night.

2008 1 Year Goals

· Family vacation – California or similar
· Be more patient with the kids
· Take more pictures of my family
· Try new recipes, one per week
· Healthy meals 5x per week
· Pay off Ultimate bill – TV
· Don’t touch the ‘keep the change’ account
· Open a Roth IRA
· Take at least 2 college courses
· Renew real estate license – 24 hours by July 31st
· Undergo surgery
· Work on better posture
· Walk every day, at least 15 minutes, more like 45
· Purge the paperwork build-up
· Check and open mail daily – throw away the junk immediately
· Become more organized, less scatterbrained


2008 5 year goals

· Truck paid off
· Surgery paid for
· Revolving debt paid for and unused
· Associates degree finished
· Have a career in mind – more solid
· Honey moon - cruise or Hawaii (both)
· Rental house sold – November 2009

By the way, I won't call them resolutions. These are goals, things for me to work towards, but in no means am I a failure or have I failed if they aren't accomplished in 12 months. Or so I let myself think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home