No, really, this IS my life....

Monday, December 10, 2007

I Quit.

December sucks. I quit. And it doesn't suck for the usual reasons, trying to buy Christmas presents with little cash. No. This December flat out sucks eggs. Last Sunday, December 2, my grandfather flew down to Arizona to spend Christmas with us. He is probably my most favoritest person in the world, I grew up with him, we, along with my grandmother, traveled all over the country during the summers, stuff like that.

He didn't wake up on Tuesday. This Thursday, we will be back in Iowa for his funeral.

Not only that, but last night my great aunt died as well. His sister in law. She is to be buried on one side of my grandma, and he is to be buried on the other.

We are now attending a double funeral.

December sucks.

3 Comments:

  • I am so sorry to hear about your double loss. From the sounds of it, you have nothing but amazing and strong memories of your life with him. May you hold onto those in the days and months ahead, and may they bring you strength.

    By Blogger carmilevy, At 2:13 PM  

  • I was sorry to read about your very bad news. Losing a loved one so unexpectedly like you describe is very hard to take. At least from the way that you describe things he never had to put up with that long slow decline that can be so awful for some people.

    By Blogger Paste, At 8:47 AM  

  • oh no, I'm so sorry for your losses. Hugs and you are in my thoughts. I would say Merry Christmas but under the circumstances it doesn't seem to fit

    By Blogger Unknown, At 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home