No, really, this IS my life....

Friday, May 26, 2006

In defense of big vehicles...

So, I got this comment from Jade, a fellow AZ blogger, and I went over to her site to check it out. (She's frickin hilarious and still serious at the same time; don't know how to make the link thingys, but she's at www.AzJade.com, so check her out) She was blogging (funny! I might add) about a mom at her daughters school, who drives a big ass SUV and has 0 respect for anyone else on the road. (Among other things!) And I agree, for the most part. See, I happen to be a SAHM with a big truck. Not an SUV, a truck. A Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab, which I absolutely love. However, I differ in the respect that mine was bought for a purpose, not just so I could be bigger than everybody else. I use the ever living hell out of it! Today alone, I have hauled 2200 pounds of old fence, old bathroom, etc. to the dump. I also do the hauling for everyone in my family (for gas money only) since I am the only one with a truck. We visit Lowe's almost weekly, since we are the (dumb) do-it-yourselfers, and usually load up the bed. I didn't get 4x4, cause where the hell would I use it, and you probably won't see mud all over it because a) it doesn't rain in AZ, b) not what I got it for, and c) my husband is a freak, and washes both vehicles every weekend! So, I guess I'm excluding myself from Jade's SAHM-big-SUV post (since I do drive very carefully...small vehicle or big, accidents still hurt!!) and I have to agree with her, that those that buy it just because of the trend in big vehicles, no driving skills, suck. Ok, back to cleaning my damn carpets. (again, a dumb do-it-yourselfer!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home